Temporary Skill Shortage Visa – Subclass 494
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa SC 494 allows Australian employers to sponsor skilled professionals to fill vacant positions in their companies. It lets the employers address the problem of labour shortage by getting qualified employees.
This visa allows skilled employees to work in Australia for up to 4 years.
- The applicant must have the relevant occupation as mentioned in the occupation list.
- The applicant must possess the required skills.
- The applicant should have relevant work experience in the specific field.
- The applicant must meet the health and character standards of DHA.
- There is no age requirement for this visa.
- The applicant needs to be nominated by an Australian business for a job vacancy.
- The applicant should have proficiency in the English language.
- The applicant must check whether their occupation is listed under the Skilled Occupation List.
- The applicant will have to search for an employer to sponsor their work in Australia.
- The applicant must obtain a nomination from the employer.
- The applicant will have to wait for the response.
- On receiving the response from the employer, the applicant can apply for the visa.
FCC can offer you the necessary support and assistance to get through the visa application process. It can assist you to:
- Obtain a nomination from the Australian business
- Submit and monitor the application process
- Communicate with the authorities until the successful grant of the visa.